The policy does not pertain to information collected using the following means:
- Offline or any other third-party website that is not under our control
- Any third-party source that uses advertising or application to collect user information
Profit Matters does not offer any services that are pertinent to minors who are under 18 years of age. The website does not intentionally collect any personal information of any children. If you’re a minor, you are requested to refrain providing any information on our website or use our website. If you’re a minor, please do not provide your name, address, phone number, screen name or email address. If we learn that we have any information of a minor without consent from the parents, we will delete that information. In case you feel that we have any information pertaining to a minor below 13 years of age, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete the information immediately.
Information that we collect
There are several types of information that we may collect from our website users that includes:
- Information that users leave on the website such as ‘personal information’ that includes name, email address, and name of employer (if applicable)
- Information that you share on via accounting files when you connect Quickbooks, Xero, etc. to our website
- Information related to billing and financial information
- Information related to analytics
- Information that might not directly identify you such as IP address or the time of your visit
- Information shared by your device (for example, your contact information)
- Details related to your usage (for example, the way you communicate with other users, time, date, sender information and interactions (such as the time when you open a message or take a screenshot)
- Information related to your hardware, operating system version, device identifiers that can be unique, language used, wireless network used, browser type, mobile network information (if the website us accessed from mobile device)
- Your location information at the time of accessing the website
- Your information when you register on your website or fill a form or use an application or subscribe on our website. This also includes the permission to access and use our website.
- In case you report an issue with the website or any other related area of the website
- Copies and reports of the action involved to resolve your issue (which includes your contact information)
- Any transactional information that you carried on the website or any other services `on our website
How do we collect this information?
- When you directly provide it to us
- Once you access our website and navigate to other sections of the website, access third-party websites (of our business partners and other 3rd party service providers) and agree to use some of our services
- Undertake web transactions that involves either you getting in touch with us or agreeing to us to call you. In some cases, we record calls to improve on our customer service
3rd Party Responsibilities and Services
There are times when we partner with 3rd party companies or agents to address business and operations requirements. These can be related to billing and payments, marketing and relationship building, error tracking, growth of our business and our service performance (related to gathering and analyzing information).
It might be the case that service providers transfer cookies to your device or computer, each time you click on an ad or access our website through a service. Such cookies may continue to track your online activities even after you’ve stopped using the services or website. In case you don’t want the cookies to track your activities, you need to opt for ‘Do not track’ in the cookies setting in your web browser.
How do we use your information?
We use the information collected on our website for the following purpose:
- To render services and content that you might have requested on our website
- To offer website the content that you seek
- To work on the transactions and complete them so that relevant information can be shared that includes provision of the required services
- To offer KPIs to you
- To offer technical support to you
- To share promotional offers with you related to services, surveys, information, offers and events.
- To enable service providers to perform the required tasks using your data.
- To meet any objective that serves your purpose
- To provide information related to your account
- To fulfill our obligations and rights that may have arisen from any agreements between us, including for billing and collection.
- To inform you about any changes to our website and the other required services
- To improve the security of all the services
- To check your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or criminal activity
- To share promotional material with you for marketing, remarketing and targeted advertising
- To target any direct or indirect marketing and on-line behavioral advertising related to third party products and services of your interest
- For some other purpose that is used with your consent
- There can be data, which is not your personal data (for example audience size, preferences and usage pattern), that comes from 3rd party service providers. It can be used to improve our website and related services and deliver an improved and more personalized experience to you
- To make your searches faster
- To be able to recognize you when you return to our website
- We may reveal aggregated information related to our users, but we don’t disclose any information related to individuals
- We may, however, disclose the information to the following:
- Subsidiaries and affiliates
- Some other enterprise in connection with any of the services
- Any other contractors and 3rd party service providers, which may include credit card payment processing companies and marketing support companies.
- To a prospective buyer or assignee. Successor (advisors and agents) in case there’s a merger, restructuring, reorganization or dissolution. It might include sale or transfer of some or all our assets, liquidation or similar procedure.
- We may disclose your personal information with your consent
- We may disclose your personal information if there’s a court order or legal requirement or in response to a government or regulatory requirement
- We may disclose the information for billing and collection purposes
- We may disclose information if it implies that we must protect our rights or that of our customers
The technologies that are used to collect automatic data collection includes the following:
- Cookies or browser cookies – The purpose of the cookies is to track user activity. It places a file on the hard drive, which you may accept or refuse (depending on your choice some sections of our website may not work)
- Web Beacons are contained within the website and emails. These are also known as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that allows us to count the users who have visited a page or opened email and website analytics (it helps ascertain popular content on the website and server integrity)
‘Do Not Track’ Option
The web browser gives you the option to select ‘Do Not Track’ in your web browser. This will stop behavioral advertising services to track your online activities across different websites. We acknowledge the ‘Do Not Track’ option and if a user selects it then we do not collect any information that personally identifies you or tracks your online activities.
- E-mail communications – There are chances that, as part of the services, we send promotional mails, marketing material or newsletter to you. If you do not wish to receive such emails, you can unsubscribe to these emails.
- Amendments – You can send us an email at email@example.com to make changes to your personal information.
Storage and information transfer
- There are chances that we collect and store your personal information in our databases or the one that is stored with our affiliates, service providers or agents.
- If you are a user outside United States, we might transfer your information to servers located in United States. It might apply data transfer outside European Economic Area and other parts of the world unless explicitly prohibited to do so.
- If you allow us to collect information, you agree to data transfer and information processing. There are chances that we store some information on your devices to help you with better online experience.
- You can access our website from anywhere around the globe and if you give permission to use your information will override the data-protection laws that are true for the place from where you’re accessing the data website
Use of Google Service, Google AdWords and Google Analytics
- We use Google Service, Google Analytics and Google AdWords besides some other services
- You can set the preferences from Google Ad Preferences page to opt out of internet-based advertising with the help of cookie setting and browser plugin
- There is a possibility that we use Google remarketing codes to login when users visit specific pages and perform an action on our website. It provides targeted advertising option that you can opt out of.
- We provide every technical, administrative and physical measure to protect your data. Despite our best efforts and security controls, we cannot assure 100% security of your data.
- Any transmission of your data will be at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any evasion of privacy setting and security measures.
- You are responsible for security and safety of your information and to keep your password confidential
- We will take every effort to send you an email with the changes that have been made to the policy
- You are requested to ensure that your email id is updated to share the updated policy with you or you keep a track of the changes when the alert shows up on the homepage
The policy remains effective despite termination of engagement agreement even once you stop using our services.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows users who are residents of California to request information related to their personal information disclosure to 3rd parties for direct marketing efforts.
If you wish to make such a request, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can share your feedback with us at:
5830 Granite Pkwy,
Plano, Texas 75024